MatBA® for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL/SLL)
There are approximately 15,000 new cases of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and 3,600 new cases of small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL) diagnosed in the US each year. These cases require risk stratification at diagnosis and at multiple points during the course of the disease. CLL/SLL is a mature B-cell neoplasm, a form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). Mature B-cell neoplasms are lymphomas developed from abnormal B-lymphocytes which come from the bone marrow. CLL and SLL are usually diagnosed in adults over the age of 50 and are slow-growing forms of cancer. However, over time, they can progress to a more aggressive type of lymphoma and transform into Richter’s syndrome (5% of CLL patients). CLL/SLL is often detected in asymptomatic patients with an elevated lymphocyte count in a routine full blood count.
In order to assist clinicians in the prognosis of CLL/SLL, CGI has developed the mature B-cell neoplasm array intended for CLL/SLL, MatBA®-CLL/SLL. This assay is based on the detection of targeted gain/loss of genomic material with prognostic value frequently observed in CLL/SLL.
MatBA®-CLL/SLL provides important genetic-based information to guide clinical management of CLL/SLL. The test results are reported out in a format that allows ease of interpretation by hematologists or oncologists.
MatBA®-CLL/SLL identifies information on 20 distinct chromosomal regions, providing valuable diagnostic data and critical information about the risk of progression of the disease.
|Reported Loci||Genomic Aberration||References|
|13q14 (MIR-15A/16.1)||Loss||[4, 6-8]|
|13q14 (RB1)||Loss||[8, 9]|
|17p13 (TP53)||Loss||[1, 3, 4, 10]|
|8q24||Gain||[1, 3, 12]|
We have identified novel biomarkers using MatBA®-CLL/SLL that are associated with a poor outcome in CLL/SLL. These include gains at 2p, 3q and 8q and a loss at 8p. A total of 20 prognostic regions have been identified and validated.
CLL Complete™ integrates the latest prognostic molecular markers to risk-stratify individual patients for disease progression, response to treatment, and overall prognosis. CLL Complete™ is a unique one-stop-shop solution that includes proprietary tests and the most relevant tests available for the clinical management of CLL patients.
- Rinaldi, A.,et al. Br J Haematol. 154(5): p. 590-599
- Chapiro, E., et al.Leuk Res. 34(1): p.63-8
- Houldsworth, J. In House Validations. 2011
- Dohner,H,et al N Engl JMed,2000.343(26)p1910-6
- Gunnarsson, R et al. Haematologica.96(8):p1161-9
- Hernandez, JA, et al. Haematologica, 2009.94(3):p.364-71
- Van Dyke, DL, et al. Br J Haematol.148(4):p544-50
- Dal Bo, M., et al. Genes Chromosomes Cancer.50(8): p. 633-43
- Ouillette,P,et al. Cancer Res, 2008.68(4):p1012-21
- Kay, NE, et al. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 203(2) p. 161-8
- Jarosova,M, et al.Leuk Lymphoma.51(2):p.304-13
- Moussay, E., et al. Mol Cancer. 9: p. 115