Frost & Sullivan Honors CGI with the 2017 North American Technology Innovation Award in Precision Oncology
“…CGI’s recent launches of cutting edge tests, its ability to partner with innovative companies, and its extensive research collaborations with leading academic institutions and cancer centers are a testament to the value and depth of CGI’s commitment to driving industry innovation… The company constantly strives for diversity and innovation, and has successfully achieved a balance between the two.”
Vandana Iyer, Frost & Sullivan Research Analyst
Based on its recent analysis of the precision oncology industry, Frost & Sullivan has honored Cancer Genetics, Inc. (CGI) with the 2017 North American Award for Technology Innovation!
Frost & Sullivan’s Best Practices Awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research to identify best practices in the industry.
Each year, Frost & Sullivan presents its Technology Innovation Award to the company that has demonstrated uniqueness in developing and leveraging new technologies, which significantly impact both the functionality and the customer value of new products and applications. The award lauds innovative and breakthrough R&D, its relevance to the industry, and the positive impact on brand perception.
CGI offers multiple leading technological platforms for enhancing precision oncology and implementing innovation into its core business. The company leverages advanced genomic and molecular technologies for the accurate and sensitive quantitation of clinically-relevant biomarkers in blood and tissue samples to provide valuable insights across cancer diagnostics and treatment management. Its comprehensive product and service offerings are helping to drive the paradigm shift towards early cancer detection and personalized treatment strategies.
CGI’s strong overall performance, its leading-edge technology platforms, and comprehensive suite of off-the-shelf and proprietary tests, its technology-agnostic approach, global infrastructure, and extensive research collaborations have served as the primary basis for this important recognition. As our President & CEO, Panna Sharma, routinely states in our internal meetings and our meetings with partners, “Our business requires that we balance innovation and execution to meet the dual-edged demands of an increasingly competitive and global environment where high quality and insightful tests are required to make a real impact in oncology care.”
Some of CGI’s prominent and recently launched technologies include:
- Complete::IOTM, a unique and in-depth flow cytometry panel supporting informed therapeutic decisions and assessment of potential toxicities for novel immuno-oncology (IO) therapies in blood cancers and solid tumors.
- Focus::OncomineTM is capable of simultaneously testing DNA and RNA, enabling the detection of various types of genomic alterations in a single workflow that requires minimal sample quantities and boasts a rapid turnaround time. The Focus::OncomineTM assay can detect thousands of clinically and pharmacologically relevant biomarkers in solid tumors, making it a valuable tool for clinicians and biopharma.
- Focus::LymphomaTM is the most comprehensive next generation sequencing (NGS) panel for B-cell lymphomas in the field. Focuss::LymphomaTM, sequences 220 clinically-actionable genes, allowing clinicians to determine the most effective treatment management for patients. Focus::LymphomaTM is also offered to biotech and pharmaceutical companies to power efficient clinical trials focused on B-cell lymphomas.
- Focus::RenalTM is a highly-sensitive NGS panel that provides thorough information for the diagnosis, prognosis and therapy selection in renal cancers. In a single test, Focus::RenalTM is able to detect mutations in 76 renal cancer-related genes, as well as genome-wide copy number changes, and critical single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs). Focus::RenalTM is the only NGS panel of its type, as it is disease-focused, and has been developed through collaboration with leading cancer centers and academic institutions, including MSKCC, Cleveland Clinic, Huntsman Cancer Center at University of Utah, and University Hospital of Paris.
- Liquid::Lung-cfDNATM is a CLIA-validated, multi-gene NGS panel for lung cancer liquid biopsies. The test can detect lung tumor-derived cell-free DNA (cfDNA) obtained from a single blood draw, and analyzes frequently-mutated SNPs and short indels in 11 genes with significant clinical relevance to non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). This groundbreaking assay is highly sensitive, with a limit of detection (LOD) as low as 0.05% or 1 mutant copy of DNA in a background of 2,000 wild-type copies of DNA.
- Focus::HERSiteTM is a hereditary cancer test that focuses on breast and ovarian cancers. The test analyzes the 16 genes most commonly associated with breast and ovarian cancers and provides in-depth coverage of BRCA1 and BRCA2.
- Oncomine Dx Target Test is the first NGS-based companion diagnostic (CDx) test that simultaneously screens tumor samples for biomarkers associated with 3 FDA-approved therapies for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). CGI is one of the first laboratories, and one of only three in the United States, to offer the Oncomine Dx Target Test.
All of us at CGI are very proud to earn Frost & Sullivan’s 2017 Technology Innovation Award!
As always, please drop me an email to learn more about CGI’s capabilities. I’d be happy to schedule time to tell you about CGI’s service offerings and help evaluate and discuss how they could be used to meet your clinical trial and drug development needs. You can also connect with me on LinkedIn.