Unparalleled Experience in Gene Expression
At CGI, we understand the advantages and utility of gene expression profiling in drug development. Well-designed studies can have a major impact on drug development. Our scientists have extensive experience working with clients to develop optimal study designs, sample collection protocols, and strategic application of pharmacogenomics in clinical studies.
Applications of Gene Expression Profiling
in Clinical Trial Patient Populations
- Personalized medicine and individualized therapy
- Identify optimal patient population for successful clinical trials
- Expression profiling of drug metabolizing enzymes
- Expression profiling of potential therapeutic target
- Identify genetic variation in target molecules
- Identification of appropriate gene profiles needed to maximize therapeutic efficacy
- Identify quantitative biomarkers that can be used both in early clinical trials to indicate effect and guide dose & regimen decision
- Identify biomarkers of adverse effects prior to clinical onset of toxicity
Both qRT-PCR and microarray analysis are available for integration into clinical studies. Custom assay development and validation services are offered to address client-specific requests. CGI applies rigorous quality standards, including GLP and CLIA, to all studies in order to ensure the highest quality data is generated and reported. We are able to quantify gene expression in a broad spectrum of tissue samples including formalin fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissues specimens.
CGI offers multiple pre-optimized, validated panels for: